Interim CIO/VP IT at Litcom in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position: An Interim CIO / VP IT for a 3 – 6 month contract role.
The Interim CIO / VP IT is required to oversee and be responsible for all matters relating to the Information Technology function.
The ideal candidate will utilize their skills to provide any/all of the following activites:
- Provide temporary IT Leadership and management for the IT function
- Assist in the recruiting process for a permanent CIO / VP IT
- Perform turn-around specific functions such as instituting structured processes and governance to better manage the IT organization, overseeing the IT project portfolio and supporting the IT team.
- Transfer experience/knowledge to the IT management team
- Improve performance through CIO coaching/mentoring
- Oversee the technology Investment including defining infrastructure cost improvements and prioritizing relative to budget requirements
- Manage all vendor activities and contracts
- Establish service level agreements to manage user expectations
- Develop a clear IT charter and communicate IT and business expectations
- Create effective organizational structures with clear roles, responsibilities and functional definitions
- Review staff skills in relationship to business and technology demands.
- Design staff development programs with career paths, training needs and incentives to increase proficiency and employment tenure
- Develop a training/mentoring program to improve business acumen and “best IT practices” to create a professional IT team
- Establish clear communication channels between IT and business operating units