Customer Support Representative at Liftopia in San Francisco, CA
Customer Support Representative at Liftopia
Seasonal Customer Support Position in Downtown San Francisco, CA
Liftopia is seeking an experienced, self-motivated support representative at our office located in Downtown San Francisco (near Montgomery St. BART).
This will be a temporary, seasonal position lasting from up to 2 months.
Interested in working for one of San Francisco's coolest companies? Do you love skiing or snowboarding? Then you've come to the right place. Liftopia.com is currently hiring computer savvy people to work as part of our unique Customer Support team. You will work from the office and from home taking calls, emails and chatting with customers. If you've got people skills, computer expertise, and ski knowledge then check it out! We strive to provide THE BEST customer experience in the industry and we hire accordingly.
- Answer Liftopia customer phone calls, emails and chats correctly and efficiently
- Create a high level of customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty by delivering high-quality support at all times
- Some 6am and weekend shifts will be required (but no nights) - scheduling flexibility highly desired
- Identify and recommend website improvements based on customer feedback
- Gain a deep knowledge of Liftopia's partners and products to be able to help customers place orders on the website
- Help customers with any issues they face redeeming their lift tickets post-purchase
- Write clear and easy-to-understand help articles for the website
- Create and edit resort and ticket info to go on the website
- Participate in weekly meetings with manager, team, and other departments (if necessary).
- Achieve weekly and monthly customer service goals
- Work closely with other departments of organization on ad-hoc projects and other requests.
- Cross-train and help other team members to accomplish department tasks and goals.
Required Experience & Desired Skills
- 1-2 years’ experience supporting an internet e-commerce site is required
- Experience with phone, email, chat and knowledge base support is highly desired
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required (passing a writing test will be part of the interview process)
- Excellent computer and internet skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Confident to make appropriate decisions to serve customers
- Must be self-motivated and a fast learner
- Must be able to work well on your own AND as part of a team
- Must be able to deal with difficult customers and situations in a friendly and empathetic manner, resulting in positive outcomes
- A passion for customer service and the willingness and ability to go the extra mile for our customers are a big asset
- Experience with online phone sales is a plus
- Knowledge of CRM, community forum, and call center software a plus
- Proficiency in calendaring, email and Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of the ski or travel industry is a BIG plus but not required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Frequent sitting (work is primarily sedentary in nature), repetitive use of hands fingers (typing), handling, stooping, bending, reaching, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing (up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus).
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
Liftopia (http://www.liftopia.com) is a complete online ski marketplace, offering the largest source of advance purchase ski lift tickets online with added deals on rentals, lessons, dining and other mountain-related activities and products. With deals at more than 150 resorts across North America, Liftopia offers skiers and snowboarders the ability to buy date-specific lift tickets and other on-mountain activities online and in advance for up to 80% off the ticket window prices. By committing to date-specific, non-refundable tickets, skiers and riders are able to get deep discounts at the resorts they love. Liftopia takes the hassle out of planning a ski trip by enabling skiers and riders to book lift tickets, equipment rentals and lessons in advance at the best prices. The site offers detailed information on mountain resorts, including services and amenities, and the ability to browse user reviews to help skiers and boarders research and choose the best resort for their needs.
- Liftopia is located in downtown San Francisco close to BART and Muni.
- Go to the Liftopia Jobs page and submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why your skills and experience make you the best person for this job: http://liftopia.jobscore.com/list Only resumes with thoughtful cover letters will be considered.
- Please no phone calls, recruiters, agencies, firms, outsourcers or anyone else that is not an actual candidate!