Sr. Quality Engineer at LG Electronics in Santa Clara, CA
The LG Silicon Valley Lab TV Platform team is looking for an experienced quality engineer who is very passionate about quality and is a very strong and vocal customer advocate. You will own all aspects of getting a feature area fully tested and shipped to the customers. You will be creating test plans, documenting test cases, integrating with program management and the developers to ensure your coverage remains effective as the product evolves, you'll log and manage your bugs, and in general be a very vocal advocate for a high quality bar. Your testing collateral should be clearly documented such that other less experienced testers can successfully consume and execute the plans / cases. Your testing efforts will be supplemented with junior engineers who will execute the typical repetitive daily testing activities in order to free you up for deeper more advanced testing activities. As a result, previous experience managing, coaching or mentoring people is desired.
You will not be focused on writing automation or scripts, but you should know how to do so and be able to speak to how a tool, automation, or product code could be changed to provide a better customer experience, or to enable your testing efforts to get deeper into the codebase, or to minimize repetitive activities. You must be able to concisely and clearly communicate your thoughts and know how to effectively drive a conversation with designers or developers to the conclusion you want as a customer advocate.
You'll be working on a Linux based WebOS embedded platform. Previous experience testing embedded devices (TV's, STB's, cell phones, GPS's, Camera's, gaming consoles, etc.) using platforms such as Android, iOS or Windows CE is strongly desired. We're also using an agile development approach - pass experience operating in an agile environment will help.
Required Skills or Experiences
- 7+ years of experience testing consumer facing products.
- Strong instincts testing instincts and persistence to always pursue an issue to conclusion.
- Strong understanding of test methodologies (functional, e2e, negative, performance, stress, scale, functional, unit, code coverage, static analysis, etc.).
- Past experience with embedded devices (such as Android, iPhone, STB's, gaming consoles, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with geographically disparate teams.
- Moderate understanding of a high-level programming language (such as C/C++, Java or C#) or scripting languages (such as Perl or Python).
- Strong knowledge of agile development approaches.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science.