Sr. Application Developer at LG Electronics in Santa Clara, CA
We are looking for an experienced webOS Senior Applications Developer to join our team in LG Silicon Valley Labs. Application engineers in webOS create, develop and work on bringing the web to the user. We bring applications that fulfill the basic day to day tasks that users have come to expect from using the web.
- Develop applications for Open webOS, with the ideological principal being - bringing the web to the user.
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others.
- Work closely with customer, product managers, user experience experts, and quality engineers to build a first class user experience that our customers will love, adopt and use.
- Participating in architecture and design discussions and reviews.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the organization.
- Be comfortable working in the open, with roadmaps, designs and code visible to the open-source community.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in software development Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and object oriented software design.
- Knowledgeable about HTML/CSS/AJAX.
- Exposure to developing mobile applications (WebOS, iOS or Android).
- Prefer experience with open source technology stacks and frameworks developing web based applications [such as Enyo, jQuery, sencha ..].
- Understanding of the factors impacting HTML5 app performance, especially on mobile devices; is nice to have.