Spread the word
Not the right job?
Internationalization Architect at LG Electronics in Santa Clara, CA
Our LG Silicon Valley Lab is seeking a talented Internationalization Architect to join our Platform Development Team.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support for multilingual simultaneous release in more than 50 languages
- Build deep expertise in software and TV requirements pertaining to international markets and facilitate transfer of knowledge to the engineering teams.
- Responsible for the internationalization and localization of webOS software.
- Define, evangelize, and roll out globalization best practices (including relevant architecture design principles, implementation techniques, test strategies and scenarios, development processes and critical internationalization and localization milestones, localization tools and data structures, conformance to internationalization standards, etc…)
- Develop and deliver an end-to-end approach to defining international offerings and partner with worldwide organizations as needed.
- Recognize I18N requirements that span multiple applications & services and help design, build, and roll out of common processes, and solutions that will improve the overall efficiency and quality of global webOS platform.
- Evaluate software localizability in the early development cycles
- Provide localization support to external localization vendors, translation reviewers, consultants, developers and internal webOS groups on localization issues
- Work with cross-functional teams internal or external to webOS to communicate and resolve any internationalization or localization issues to ensure delivery of the localized products
- B.S. in computer science required
- 7 or more years experience in software internationalization and international program management
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with people from a variety of technical, editing, and cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with international and geographically distributed teams
- Experience writing product requirements and specifications documents
- Must be a team player, able to work well with inter disciplinary groups such as user experience, software development, QA and product management
- Character set knowledge, Unicode standard and its algorithms, character encodings, the use of locales, designs for localization, multilingual application design including dynamic language switching, search, sorting and issues in cross-locale n-tier applications.
- Contribute in writing I18N coding guidelines, implement I18N features and be able to present various topics on I18N to the development team.
- Experience with localization software process and tools
- Experience with XML document generation and parsing
- Able to work in a fast moving environment with quick turnaround objectives
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in the handheld or mobile product industry preferred