Data Scientist at Lenddo.com in New York, NY
Data Scientist - New York
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Data Scientist
At Lenddo we leverage the social graph and world’s largest “trustworthiness graph” to help our emerging market members access online financial services. In particular, we apply machine learning and graph algorithms to manage risk and credit decisions out of social and interest data.
As a Data Scientist in our Big Data Algorithm team, you will:
- Work with research scientists/engineers to develop, prototype and productize new machine learning and graph algorithms operating on big data.
- Design, build and support scalable big data pipeline/workflows for behavioral and social algorithms.
This role will report to our Chief Scientist and is based in our office in New York City. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
- Masters or PhD in Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent.
- Very strong programming skills
- Expertise in a wide range of numerical and statistical modeling, including pattern recognition, machine learning and NLP
- Experience with Big Data Analytics using Hadoop and Map Reduce technologies useful but not necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of Statistics, Probabilities, Calculus and Algebra
- Proficiency with statistical software
- Strong background in finance a plus