Senior Buyer/Planner at LeapFrog Enterprises in Emeryville, CA
LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. is the leader in educational entertainment for children. LeapFrog’s award-winning product portfolio helps millions of children achieve their potential by delivering best-in-class curriculum through engaging content, fun multimedia learning platforms and toys. The Learning Path, LeapFrog’s proprietary online destination for parents and extended family, provides personalized feedback on a child’s learning progress and offers product recommendations to enhance each child’s learning experience. Through the power of play, LeapFrog’s products and curriculum help children of all ages prepare for school and life success. LeapFrog’s products are available in more than 45 countries and have been used by teachers in more than 100,000 U.S. classrooms. LeapFrog is based in Emeryville, California, and was founded in 1995 by a father who revolutionized technology-based learning solutions to help his child learn how to read. Come see the learning at .
This position applies buying, planning, scheduling and balancing production and inventory levels with demand to support inventory targets, customer service levels, and capacity utilization/staffing requirements. Create Sales & Operating Plan summaries including demand, inventory and production data. Develops master production schedules for finished goods and component items based on capacity requirements. Will initiate the development of process improvements and then work collaboratively with impacted organizations. Work closely and collaborate with the Asia Planning team and contract manufacturers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, purchase and schedule materials and products needed to support on-time shipments and customer commitments
- Identify and put into action continuous improvement initiatives associated with planning and inventory management.
- Monitor suppler production schedules.
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with achievement of supplier production plans.
- Assess the impact of forecasting changes to overall demand plan
- Monitor and manage suppliers’ relationships and conduct on-going supplier analysis to ensure that suppliers have the necessary capacity and process control in place
- Analyze the financial impact of order policy changes and work towards the achievement of optimal price, quantity, delivery, and inventory positions.
- Coordinate the transportation of materials between multiple sites
- Order and expedite parts and materials from outside vendors and internal suppliers to support manufacturing operation
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers and vendors
- Travel to Asia is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of related experience as a buyer/ planner
- APICS certification a plus
- Uses creative problem solving keeping in mind professional concepts and company policies/procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems.
- Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity using good judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods/techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Knowledge of MRP, capacity planning and constraint scheduling a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i / Cognos a plus
- Expert User with Microsoft Office suite tools: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Word.
- Enhanced communication skills (both written & verbal); ability to interface with personnel at all levels throughout the business.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Normally works with minimal direction.
- May direct and/or influence the activities of lower level personnel.