UI / UX Artist at Kwalee Ltd in Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Kwalee are looking for an experienced User Interface (UI) / User Experience (UX) Artist to help us make visually stunning and extremely fun mobile games. You will be required to design and implement the UI systems that support our multiplayer games.
• Work with the Team Leads and other Artists to ensure artistic unity within our games.
• Photoshop, sketch and concept static ideas to set the look for our UI/presentation for each assigned game.
• Turn loose game-design wireframes into functioning, amazing user interfaces.
• Take visual designs to the next level and iterate on the style using your arsenal of layout, composition and typography knowledge as per the look and feel set by the Team Leads.
• Create and design polished icons or logos.
• Work with the Team Leads to visualize various interface systems in our games.
• Create efficient in-game textures.
• Understand and tackle the challenges presented by mobile hardware variations particularly with regard to layouts and aspect ratios.
• Education in Graphic Design or related discipline.
• Commanding skill of Photoshop and Illustrator showing at least 5 examples of your designs.
• Able to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, often late in the process.
• Self-motivated towards solving creative problems.
• Able to communicate with other team members visually using quick thumbnail sketches.
• Evidence of organized and detailed working practices.
• Up to date knowledge of Maya (or equivalent), modeling, After Effects, Flash, 3D animation, or any combination of these for prototyping.
• 2+ years game industry experience.
• Illustration or Fine Art Background.
• Is an avid gamer. We make games and we also play them!
SALARY AND LOCATION
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience and your proven track record.
This job is based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
If you are suitable for this role, you must include the following with your application:
1) a covering letter stating why you are suitable for this particular role and provide examples of successful UI/UX projects for which you have been responsible for designing.
2) your CV.
3) You salary expectations.
Kwalee Ltd is a developer and publisher of mobile games. It was founded in 2011 by David Darling (CBE) who originally co-founded Codemasters in 1986.
We seek to excite and entertain our customers with innovative new games that provide incredible experiences.