Program Coordinator at K to College in Oakland, CA
K to College, a young and energetic California public benefit corporation (nonprofit) located in Oakland, CA, seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to manage programmatic operations of the School Supply, Early Learning and Dental Kit Initiative programs. The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
Working with school supply manufacturers/wholesalers, federal, state & local government agencies, and school districts, K to College operates the largest charitable school and dental supply program for under-resourced students in California. Since 2010 K to College has provided more than 220,000 students with $14,000,000 of materials throughout California. Moving forward, K to College is positioning itself to further expand, focusing on the Bay Area, Los Angeles and the statewide homeless and foster populations. Read more about K to College at www.ktocollege.org.
The Program Coordinator coordinates K to College's School Supply Initiative, Dental Kit Initiative and Early Learning Kit Initiative. The Program Coordinator conducts outreach to beneficiaries (such as school districts, First 5 agencies and community organizations), communicates with stakeholders, and manages K to College's assembly, logistics and some parts of its purchasing activities. The Program Coordinator qualifications include the following:
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written. Engaging on the phone. Can get a social worker excited about signing a contract and can also address the concerns of an upset parent. Tactful when writing emails.
- Quick computer learner. Independent thinker that can Google their way to solve problems. Interested in becoming or already a power-user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and other software as needed.
- Detail-oriented. Always triple-checks work.
- Strong project manager. Keeps track of deadlines and enjoys creating systems to make programs run smoothly.
- Interested in K-12 education and child development. Passionate about helping kids. Good sense of humor.
Nice to Have
- Relevant experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptionally strong writing/editing abilities. Able to assist with grant-writing and other high-level writing assignments.
- Experience coordinating large, complex projects.
- Experience creating marketing materials (using PhotoShop, Microsoft Publisher, or other desktop publishing software).
- Good public speaker. Not intimidated to speak to groups of 20-30 people.
- Experience with financial reporting and accounting.
- Interested in public relations and event-coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, employees, or others).
The Program Coordinator will be a salaried position with benefits commensurate with experience. Salary range is $40,000-$50,000 with potential annual bonus.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume.