Webmaster / Web Developer at Piksel in Atlanta, GA
KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) is a premium provider of end-to-end video technology and services. The KIT Platform, the company’s cloud-based solution, helps media & entertainment, network operator and non-media enterprise clients to produce, manage and deliver multi-screen social video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services more than 2,200 clients in over 50 countries, including some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, BBC, Best Buy, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Disney-ABC, FedEx, GM, Google, HP, MTV, News Corp, Telecom Argentina, Telefonica, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone and Volkswagen. With its executive offices in New York and operational headquarters in Prague, KIT digital maintains other principal offices in Atlanta, San Diego, Beijing, Boston, Cairo, Chennai, Cologne, Dubai, Ely (U.K.), Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne (Australia), Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Stockholm.
The Webmaster/ Web Developer is responsible for full-time Web development and content and information management. As a dedicated Webmaster and developer, this individual will develop, operate, and maintain the Global OVP Internet Web site and related Web-based software, client websites, portals and associated data.
Reports to: Project Manager
- Serve as technical authority and administrator of the company’s Web site and subordinate Web sites
- Serve as developer of the company’s clients’ Web sites and subordinate Web sites
- Provide guidance in determining the most appropriate methods for delivering information via the Internet; providing recommendations for improvements, and applying new innovations in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and notify Web server management for enhancement, bugs, and performance issues
- Provide support for third-party apps and integrated functionality from vendors including 123FlashChat, ChatRoll, and Invideous.
- Monitor Web statistics using programs in hypertext markup language (HTML)
- Upload content onto the sites; enhance and modify the sites periodically
- Produce a consistent visual image by promoting uniform font, format, icons, images, layout design, and modularization consistent with policy, and ensure links are current and active
- Maintain awareness of current innovations and improvements in Web technologies and capabilities
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the organization’s Internet presence based on client priorities, policy directions, and goals
- Provide the capability to be contacted immediately and at all times in the event there is a need for crisis website or content management
Key Challenges You Will Overcome:
- Acting as a stable force that effectively manages and leads in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Executing KIT Digital’s vision and goals.
- Balancing the importance of business development with execution and operational excellence.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree preferred. BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with developing Web sites in HTML.
- Solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to analytics gathering.
- Experience developing Web sites with Expression Engine.
- Experience with computer graphics and multimedia design.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively with minimum direction.
- Experience working on SaaS platforms highly desirable.
- Possess excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills and have the ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks.
- A passion and enthusiasm for the media / entertainment domains.
WIIFM? (What’s In It For Me?)
- Competitive pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / 401K benefits
- 20 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Massive growth opportunities
- Respect for your ideas and recognition for a job well-done
- International travel opportunities
- Exposure to the latest cloud computing, video-on-demand, and web technologies
- NOT working in a corner cube on legacy solutions that nobody will ever see
For jobs located in the United States, KIT digital participates in the E-Verify program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Kit digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status