Senior Project Manager - AGILE Web Development at Piksel in Solana Beach, CA
KIT digital (NASDAQ: KITD) is a premium provider of end-to-end video technology and services. The KIT Platform, the company’s cloud-based solution, helps media & entertainment, network operator and non-media enterprise clients to produce, manage and deliver multi-screen social video experiences to audiences wherever they are. KIT digital services more than 2,200 clients in over 50 countries, including some of the world’s biggest brands, such as Airbus, The Associated Press, BBC, Best Buy, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Disney-ABC, FedEx, GM, Google, HP, MTV, News Corp, Telecom Argentina, Telefonica, Universal Studios, Verizon, Vodafone and Volkswagen. With its executive offices in New York and operational headquarters in Prague, KIT digital maintains other principal offices in Atlanta, San Diego, Beijing, Boston, Cairo, Chennai, Cologne, Dubai, Ely (U.K.), Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne (Australia), Paris, San Francisco, Singapore and Stockholm.
Kit digital Project Managers are hands-on professional managers who are responsible for orchestrating and driving the delivery of software application development projects across the whole lifecycle from discovery through to build and deployment.
- Successful delivery of projects to specification, time and budget
- Key owner of project deliverables
- Materially shaping the project to get the maximum positive outcome, and really loving, caring and fretting about the results; that the business will like the application, that it can be easily supported and enhanced
- Ensuring all deliverables built to the appropriate quality – and personally reviewing all deliverables before delivery to client, even if the document is highly technical, the PM should be giving it the ‘once over’ if only to check spelling, grammar and presentation
- Specific ownership of the requirements management process throughout the project
- Consulting with experienced software architects on best-practice e.g. an appropriate development process e.g. RUP and software engineering disciplines e.g. continuous build.
- 10+ years in IT/Engineering, having started off as a software developer and worked way up to technical lead roles or project management role and have lead a number of commercial, complex, enterprise systems with a significant client facing and team management responsibility
- 3+ years experience implementing and/or running projects using SCRUM or AGILE
- Demonstrated experience in a client-facing consulting, project management or delivery capacity delivering large scale software projects on-time and on budget (not delivering software implementations such as a CRM or SAP implementation)
- Have been a developer for 3 years – in a client-server or internet environment
- Significant project management experience in both scope and size
- Managed multi-tiered distributed systems development projects – i.e. not just a Siebel implementation – Oracle forms or ASP project – not package implementation etc.
- Used OO throughout as project ideally in formal way but loosely applied would be acceptable
- Managed projects from conception – i.e. starting from a blank sheet of paper – not just post requirements and design
- Have run 15+person multi-day requirements workshops
- Successfully managed project teams of 10+ people
- Worked on traditional IT systems (i.e. client server) not just small web projects
- Business process modeling
- Enterprise software development methods e.g unified process
- Design methods, models and techniques – UML for preference
- Facilitation and JAD skills
- Requirements Analysis
- BS Degree or equivalent technical degree
- PMP or PMI certificate highly desired
- SCRUM Master certification preferred
WIIFM? (What’s In It For Me?)
- Competitive pay
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / 401K benefits
- 20 days PTO and 10 paid holidays per year
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with the security of a publically traded company
- Massive growth opportunities
- Respect for your ideas and recognition for a job well-done
- International travel opportunities
- Exposure to the latest cloud computing, video-on-demand, and web technologies
- NOT working in a corner cube on legacy solutions that nobody will ever see
Kit digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status
For jobs located in the United States, KIT digital participates in the E-Verify program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.