Developer (.net Software Engineer) at Karmaloop in Boston, MA
.net Software Engineer
Karmaloop is an online re-seller of name brand underground streetwear & fashion. We’re sort of a big deal. We are located in an awesome new office in Downtown Boston, Massachusetts directly next to the Arlington T stop on Boylston St. The developer team room overlooks the Commons. We pride ourselves on our employee culture. Employees can bring small dogs to work, work flexible hours, and will experience an exciting work environment that includes a tv studio, model photo rooms, and art from some famous street artists. The technical challenges here are vast, and you’ll get experience working in a very high hit web environment.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ve worked in an agile (scrum or otherwise) flat collaborative environment. At Karmaloop you’ll be key to some major decisions involving architecture and being able to work well in a team environment is key.
- You’ve worked in a fast paced startup environment.
- You have 3+ years of development experience in the Microsoft ASP.NET space.
- You have worked with web services (WCF).
- You have experience using LINQ in a real world setting (whether it’s LINQ to SQL, Linq to XML, or LINQ over objects)
- You learn constantly. You’re always reading blogs and thinking of better ways to develop.
- You can work with minimal supervision.
- You have strong communication and troubleshooting skills.
- You have 3+ years of using Sql Server and TSQL.
- Experience with high hit (primarily e-commerce) based websites a huge plus.
- Additional Pluses: Entity Framework, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
What you’ll be doing:
- Many exciting projects are in the pipeline including a skate site and site redesign.
- Working with cutting edge .net development and server technologies including Asp.Net MVC 3, entity framework 4.0, and the Windows Server AppFabric in a high hit environment. The learning opportunities and opportunities to apply what you already know are vast.