IT Helpdesk Administrator at Jaspersoft in San Francisco, CA
Jaspersoft is a fast-growing, mature start-up looking for great people to help accelerate our success. Our open source business intelligence (BI) platform is the world’s most widely used BI software, with over 10 million product downloads worldwide and more than 12,500 commercial customers in 100 countries. Jaspersoft products span the continuum of business intelligence, including reporting, analysis, dashboards and mash-ups, data analysis, and data integration. If you’re passionate about making customers successful and growing a great company, you should consider Jaspersoft.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and/or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate actions to be taken to address issues
- Follow standard help desk procedures, including tracking and routing problems and requests, documenting resolution, etc.
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Supports internal users by providing setup assistance, training and on-going support. Maintains training material and self service user portal
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Configuration and maintenance of Windows and Apple desktops and laptops, mobile devices such as Smartphones and Tablets.
- VMware ESX servers and Virtual machines
- Knowledge of Linux Redhat / CentOS
- Cisco ASA Firewall and VPN setup and maintenance
- Switches, QoS, Vlan and trunking
- Cisco wireless access point
- Tape backup using Veritas NetBackup
- Configure and maintain DNS and DHCP
- Avaya IP office 500 VoIP
- Apache web server
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Versatility in presenting technical concepts to audiences with mixed capabilities.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the open source community.
- Knowledge of developers who participate in open source projects.
- BS Degree in a technical or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the software market, open source key players and projects.
- A high level of technical understanding.