Web Application Support Engineer at Jama Software in Portland, OR
Jama is a place where all employees have a stake in the company’s success. The companies we work with are dreamers, innovators and disrupters. They aren’t afraid to tackle complex, wicked problems. They think differently and challenge the status quo. They are making historic missions to space. They are powering the mobile generation. They are redesigning government systems. And, they are reimagining the world.
The Web Application Support Engineer I will ensure that Jama’s customers has a great experience with our product. This position engages with existing and prospective customers. Support is provided to both hosted and on-premises implementations of our products. Strong technical skills with a background in software development and great communication skills are required.
- Provides Tier 1 support to customers, partners and employees
- Responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software applications
- Provides expertise to users to assist them in accomplishing their goals within the software which includes configuration
- Enters defects and feature requests and provides follow up to the customer when they are resolved.
- Provides user documentation for the software supported
- Assists in software testing prior to release
- Provides software patches provided by development
- Resolves issues directly with product development team
- Learns third party products that are integrated with the supported software
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- 0-2 Years of experience in Technical Support (e.g. IT, Call Center, Helpdesk)
- Excellent Communicator: Takes pride in delivering great customer experiences and as the front line representative to make customers happy. Gifted in connecting with customers, understanding root problems, and providing a solution.
- Technical Expertise: Strong technical background with experience setting up, configuring and monitoring web-application servers such as Tomcat; be comfortable navigating yourself and customers around Windows and Linux systems; SQL skills; experience troubleshooting web browser related issues; and good analytical skills to get to the root cause.
- Superb Troubleshooting Skills: Uncanny ability to quickly get to the root cause of problems – whether it’s a user error, typo in the documentation or bug hidden deep within our application.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Jama by clicking on APPLY NOW.
More About Jama
Founded in 2007, we are one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the US, growing from 200 to more than 600 customers over the past two years and our customers including super stars such as SpaceX, Dolby, and the U.S. Department of Defense. Jama Software made Forbes’ most promising companies list in 2013 with $10 million in sales with just 65 employees. 20 of the Fortune 100 companies use our product delivery solution to execute complex projects, increase the value of R&D and bring great products to market
In addition to industry-leading salaries, 401(k)s and stock options, Jama offers medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family. We offer a casual office environment with bagel Tuesdays, Voodoo doughnuts and a stocked kitchen, along with flexible hours and a commitment to work-life balance.