Quality Assurance Engineer at Jama Software in Portland, OR
Founded in 2007, we are one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the US, growing from 200 to more than 600 customers over the past two years and our customers including super stars such as SpaceX, Dolby, and the U.S. Department of Defense. Jama Software made Forbes’ most promising companies list in 2013 with $10 million in sales with just 65 employees. 20 of the Fortune 100 companies use our product delivery solution to execute complex projects, increase the value of R&D and bring great products to market. As part of the growing startup ecosystem in Oregon, now about 300 strong, Jama is located in the “Silicon Forest”, the cluster of high-tech companies in the Portland metropolitan area. We maintain a fun and challenging work environment and a strong culture that attracts the best and brightest.
Jama’s product delivery platform helps companies bring complex products to market. By involving every person invested in the product’s success, the Jama platform provides a structured collaboration environment so everyone has instant and comprehensive insight into what they are building and why. Our platform is used by product delivery teams around the world to manage over $4 billion in R&D projects. Our mission is to make it truly simple for members outside product delivery teams to access context powered by Contour and truly simple to interact with Contour once armed with that context.
What We’re Looking For
Participation in the testing process for ensuring high quality releases of Jama’s product. Experience in executing test cases and capturing unexpected behavior with exacting attention to detail. Strong experience in automated testing methodologies and tools. Experience with agile, lightweight methodologies executing on sprints and developing new releases frequently. Comfort working in a fast-paced environment that embraces change and collaborates openly with employees, customers and partners to build high quality solutions.
- Execute tests across supported browsers, databases and operating systems
- Work with test automation processes and scripts
- Work closely with the engineering team to test new functionality and fix bugs
- Use QA best practices
What Would be Nice
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of QA/testing experience
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience with open source tools such as Selenium
- Understanding of test automation, software development processes and tools
- Familiarity with SQL on various database servers and Apache Tomcat app server
- Experience working directly with developers and product management teams
- Experience with various test environments for configuration testing, including cloud servers and virtual servers via VMware (or similar)
- Stellar writing and communication skills
- Keen analytical skills and proven problem solving ability
- Ability to exceed expectations and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to cultivate and maintain supportive relationships within the team
- Ambition to learn, share ideas openly
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Jama.