Inside Sales Manager at Jama Software in Portland, OR
Jama Software is revolutionizing how the world innovates and delivers products. Join us, and you will have the chance to sell software that solves ridiculously complex problems and the first truly end-to-end product-delivery SaaS platform. At six years old, Jama is making a mark, with recognition from top industry analysts (the Gartner Magic Quadrant for application life cycle management) venture funding and numerous awards. Leading companies worldwide, including SpaceX, the Department of Defense, VW, Time Warner, GE, United Healthcare and Amazon.com, use Jama to increase the return of investment of R&D, out-innovate their competition and deliver business value
We are hiring an Inside Sales Manager. Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position will lead the daily activities of the Inside Sales organization at Jama Software. This individual will have a proven track record of planning, executing, measuring, and refining effective inbound lead response, outbound campaign calling, and closing Software as Service (SaaS) sales over the phone in a B2B selling environment.
- Manages the activities of Inside Sales Rep, with responsibility for people management and business results. Participates in setting of business objectives.
- Sets business objectives for area of responsibility. Develops and manages budgets, people, and performance goals for unit.
- Innovative mindset to help analyze and improve work processes
- Monitor data capture and use of reporting tools to track performance, while providing accurate and timely management reports on team metrics
- Flexibility to respond to business conditions as they arise
- Understand customer processes for larger deals forecasted by team
- Constantly assess sales campaign effectiveness for optimal results
This role will work closely with sales leadership, customer success, product and marketing to support specific lead generation and account plan initiatives, and will ensure that program goals are effectively translated into inside sales campaigns that achieve those goals.
- Extensive sales experience selling to both engineers & executives at a variety of companies, from small startups to Fortune 100 organizations.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience as an inside sales representative, and inside sales management and/or previous experience selling a subscription license and closing Software as Service (SaaS) sales over the phone in a B2B selling environment is experience preferred
- Ability to guide individuals toward goal achievement using negotiation, teamwork/collaboration, motivation, and staff development skills
- Ability to coach and develop action plans to maximize performance and provide effective feedback when necessary
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- CRM database experience (Salesforce preferred)
- Reputation as a relationship builder, with proven success negotiating and closing deals
- Experience with and excitement about working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Nice to Have
- BS in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Product or Program Management experience using ALM or PLM software.
- Understanding of the software development process.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re interested in working for Jama by clicking on APPLY NOW.
More About Jama
We bring together energetic entrepreneurially minded individuals to build amazing products used by people all over the world. As a team, we’re really excited about what we’re accomplishing. Founded in 2007, we are one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the United States, growing from 200 to more than 600 customers over the past two years, achieving a nearly impossible third year on Inc 500’s fastest growing list (less than 2% of companies accomplish this). Jama Software made Forbes’ most promising companies list in 2013 with $10 million in sales with just 65 employees. Twenty of the Fortune 100 companies use our product delivery solution to execute complex projects, increase the value of R&D and bring great products to market.
Our philosophy at Jama is simple: you cannot revolutionize the way global companies innovate with anything less than an all-star team. We believe in smart, driven people who have a proven record of success and have great potential to grow. We believe that collaboration supercharges the performance of people resulting in a dynamic workplace, the best outcomes for our clients and continuous improvement in what we do. In addition to industry-leading salaries, 401(k)s and stock options, Jama offers medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family. We offer a casual office environment with bagel Tuesdays, monthly lunch and learns, and a stocked kitchen, along with flexible hours and a commitment to work-life balance.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.