Publisher for Fresh Water Cleveland at Issue Media Group in Cleveland, OH
Publisher for Fresh Water Cleveland
This is not an editorial position.
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least three-five years outside sales and/or development experience, preferably calling on foundations and community based organizations;
- Experience managing client relations;
- An understanding of economic development and city building;
- Sophistication in online media.
Fresh Water Cleveland (www.freshwatercleveland.com) is an online publication about the people, ideas and innovators creating a world-class city with a specific focus on entrepreneurship, startups, placemaking and arts and culture. Every Thursday Fresh Water publishes a new newsletter edition discussing Cleveland’s most important developments and innovations and highlighting the city’s game changers.
The publisher will have a sales and account management role, focused on:
- Generating revenue through development activities, client retention and engagement
- Working closely with the local editorial team to identify and communicate story ideas and assist in shaping editorial content
- Engaging stakeholders in the product, communicating with managing editor to fulfill client commitments, and co-facilitating quarterly editorial advisory meetings
- Developing readership and implementing the C.O.P.E. (Create Once Publish Everywhere) strategy
- Marketing the publication through identifying potential email list and media partners and presentation and speaking opportunities.
- Maintaining presence on social media sites to promote Fresh Water.
Reports to Director of Sales and Business Development for Issue Media Group.
** This is not a salary position. This is a 1099 contract position.