Accounting Clerk at IPS in Lafayette Hill, PA
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Lafayette Hill, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 700 professionals and offices in Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Brazil and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Design & Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, Validation, LEAN Project Delivery, Oral Solid Dosage, Aseptic Technolgies, Program Management, Master Planning, Sustainability/Energy, Operations/Logistics Planning, BIM Technology
IPS is currently looking to hire a highly energetic Accounting Clerk to join the team at our Lafayette Hill, PA corporate headquarters. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to our accounting functions relating to assigned projects (e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costs, etc.). This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start their career in Accounting!
Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Follow up with vendors for correct Accounts Payable documentation and vendor payment information.
- Accounts Payable entry
- Obtain releases of liens from all suppliers and subcontractors for previous month’s payment before issuing checks for further payment. Maintain log on progress payments and release of liens.
- Maintain ongoing record of retainage being held on subcontracts/vendors. Review contracts for release of retainage and notify Project Manager of any upcoming releases. Assist in retainage billings.
- Monitor special payment arrangements to assure that time-sensitive payments are made on time.
- Set up jobs and contracts in Timberline, which includes entering budgets based on approved schedule of values
- Enter owner change orders, changes to estimates, subcontracts, subcontractor change orders and purchase orders.
- Make A/R Collection calls and provide A/R Collection information to management. Assist project manager with collection effort to ensure timely payment from client.
- Work effectively and efficiently, with a helpful and friendly attitude of service to all.
- Work in conjunction with all levels of the organization including owners, project managers, projects engineers, and superintendents.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: 2 or 4 year degree is preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years of Administrative experience including AR/AP responsibilities.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
We are proud of our organization and our greatest asset - our team of talented professionals. The Knowledge, Skill and Passion of our team is integral to the success of our entire organization.
We are committed to having fun, too. Throughout the year we have various activities such as company barbeques, state of the company addresses and themed celebrations. In addition, we make sure we give back to our communities by participating in local charity events such as Habitat for Humanity volunteer days, Toys for Tots and other local sponsorships.