Media Relations Consultant at InsideUp in San Diego, CA
Are you a creative, collaborative media relations professional looking for your next challenge? InsideUp, a San Diego based company is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Media Relations Consultant to generate positive national, local and industry news stories and engage in online social networking.
InsideUp is an established yet nimble company. Powered by its proprietary technology, InsideUp has become a trusted source of high quality, real-time leads for clients such as Verizon, PayChex, ADP, First Data, TriNet, ShoreTel, TSYS, Progressive, and Mozy. The company provides a compelling value proposition using its proprietary lead generation technology, a vast marketing partner infrastructure, a vibrant business community, and compelling multi-media content.
- Develop, field and implement national, local and trade public relations initiatives with online publications, traditional publications, broadcasts, and bloggers.
- Establish and maintain press relationships with editors and publishers within industry trade publications and trade show event planners.
- Generate and maintain media lists.
- Secure speaking opportunities at marketing and industry specific events.
- Coordinate online media outreach and viral campaigns by establishing and cultivating positive relationships with key bloggers and companies with complementary audiences on Twitter and Facebook.
- Develop and manage pages on social networking websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc; actively engage in industry blogs, video sharing, online chats, etc.
We prefer that you have:
- Ability to pitch stories to media outlets and manage media relationships.
- Excellent communications and persuasion skills.
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with online social networking and the blogosphere is preferred.
- Has bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years experience in Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
This opportunity offers a competitive hourly rate. It is a part-time position, approximately 15 hours per month, working virtually. Please direct any questions and interest to our Recruiting Team; firstname.lastname@example.org.