Sr. Operations Engineer at Inadco in Palo Alto, CA
Inadco is an online advertising start-up based in Palo Alto, CA. Inadco is offering engineers an early-stage opportunity to define and build the global platform for Cost-Per-Lead advertising.
Inadco's innovative approach is transforming how media is bought and sold on the Internet. Inadco enables advertisers of all kinds to buy media on a Cost-Per-Lead basis and empowers publishers to sell inventory on a Cost-Per-Lead basis to earn more revenue than they can with impression or click-based advertising.
Inadco is led by experienced executives who helped start some of the most successful online advertising companies in the market today. Inadco is backed by Redpoint Ventures and Angel investors Mike Walrath (Right Media), Matt Coffin (LowerMyBills.com) and Ron Conway (SV Angel).
- Build out and maintain Inadco's dedicated, cloud, and hybrid server infrastructures (Java, MySQL, Hadoop).
- Lead automation efforts to increase stability, scale and rate of development.
- Set up, maintain, and update Hadoop clusters, DNS, network, and load-balancing configurations as the operational foundation of Inadco’s Cost-Per-Lead advertising platform.
- Manage, monitor, and scale Inadco’s server infrastructure hosted in multiple datacenters.
- Ensure fault tolerance, availability, and enterprise-grade operational performance.
- Comfortable with fast paced Agile environment.
- Automation experience using languages like Python, Java and Bash. Experience in a DevOps environment a plus.
- 5+ years of experience administering highly scalable Linux server environment for online service businesses.
- Experience in monitoring, management, and deployments of Hadoop clusters is a major plus.
- Hands-on usage of tools like Xymon, Nagios, CFEngine, Puppet, Zookeeper in high-volume production environment.
- Passionate about delivering the best possible experience to thousands of Inadco customers worldwide.
- Successful at establishing strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Loves the craft of software engineering and getting stuff done.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.