Visual Designer at IMVU in Mountain View, CA
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 50 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 2 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years. The company’s CEO, Cary Rosenzweig, was recognized as The Most Admired CEO among emerging growth companies in 2010 by the San Francisco Business Times.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
As the Visual Designer you will be responsible for the design of multiple applications and will be instrumental in driving the visual design strategy, branding and “look and feel” for IMVU’s global community. Working closely with the design and product management teams, you will be turning product requirements and UX research into highly creative user-centric designs while balancing input and feedback from multiple departments.
- Reporting to the UX and Design Manager, he/she will work closely with design team on visual design of product UX, mobile products, websites, and print projects.
- Creating screen layouts, color palettes, typography, UI elements, and icons.
- Creating production-ready pixel perfect graphic assets/comps for product (client, web app, mobile).
- Ensure that the presentation of our product meets the highest levels of quality, efficiency, consistency, and innovation.
- Provide clear strategic solutions, guidelines and design direction.
- Identify product and branding needs and initiating design solutions that will be utilized by team members.
- Creating visual designs of templates and UI elements based on wireframes.
- Create and refine Visual Design Standards and Style Guideline creation.
- Present concepts and designs to product owners and team members.
- Strong usability intuition, combined with fast prototyping, to create the best user experience.
- Create working and/or paper-prototypes of key UI elements or specific interactions to test.
- Provide overall graphic and design support in a fast paced, “startup” environment.
- Strong online portfolio (including application design).
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Graphic Design/New Media desired.
- 3+ years experience working as a visual designer or graphic/web designer.
- A strong eye for usability, typography, layout, and UI design (obsessive pixel-pusher).
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash and InDesign).
- Experience with user experience design principles and processes.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet daily and weekly deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience working successfully leading visual design within interdisciplinary project teams and collaborating with other disciplines, interaction designers and researchers.
- Passionate about design, a positive “can-do” attitude, and the ability to be highly creative within an agile development process.
- Experience in gaming at a start-up is a plus
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.