Software Engineer at IMVU in Mountain View, CA
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 100 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 3 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
- Contribute code as part of a small, smart, dynamic, agile team.
- Be a sponge. Soak up and learn as much as possible, as fast as possible
- Take pride in the quality of your work, continuously deploying test-driven code, delighting customers and making a difference every day.
- Voice opinions about the product. We look for people who are superlative at coding and communicating with humans
- A strong foundation in computer science and/or math combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude
- You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job. In fact, you'd rather be building something right now
- Excellence is derived from your talent, not domain experience with specific tools. If you've worked in C++ LAMP or Python that would be nice.
- A personal interest in gaming / social networking / virtual economies - you are paying attention to what's next
- A burning desire to work with other awesome people you can learn from - so you can improve your skillz
- Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help and go the extra mile
- Made a significant contribution to a web application
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application
- Shipped virtual worlds, MMOs or other games
- Hacked the DOM and wrangled consistent multi-browser UIs
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review)
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and will ask you about them as part of the interview process
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.