Senior Software Engineer at IMVU in Mountain View, CA
YOUR MISSION AT IMVU
- Build something great. Write code you're proud of and ship it to customers multiple times a day.
- Solve challenging problems. Charge fearlessly into complex technical problems, ask for help when you're over your head, and support your co-workers in turn.
- Make a difference. Voice your ideas and opinions; make an impact on the product and the direction of the company.
- IMVU (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends.
- We have 3+ million unique visitors per month, $50+ million annualized revenue, and the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than 10 million items, created mostly by our own users.
- We are longstanding evangelists of Continuous Deployment, and spawned the Lean Startup movement.
- Strong foundation in computer science combined with demonstrable problem solving aptitude.
- You write code and build things because you love to, not because it’s your job.
- Lifelong learner, constantly experimenting and iterating. Never afraid to ask for help and never reluctant to give it.
- Able to quickly dive in, understand, and make a significant contribution to a large system.
- Passionate about agile software development, continuous integration and test driven development.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience.
Excellence is derived from your talent, not domain experience with specific tools. That said, it would be useful if you had recent hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
- REST architecture
- 3D programming in C++
- LAMP stack infrastructure
- DevOps or Systems Administration
- Made a significant contribution to a large-scale web application.
- Built a high-performance, 3D or client/server network application.
- Shipped MMOs or other games.
- Hacked the DOM and wrangled consistent multi-browser UIs.
- Passionate about designing and delivering compelling user experiences.
- Contributed to open source projects (i.e. code we can review).
- Experience with Web/OpenGL, Erlang, Git, iOS, or Android.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law