E-Commerce Manager at IMVU in Mountain View, CA
IMVU, Inc. (http://www.imvu.com) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 50 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 2 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years. The company’s CEO, Cary Rosenzweig, was recognized as The Most Admired CEO among emerging growth companies in 2010 by the San Francisco Business Times.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?:
- Develop and execute the strategic promotional plan from inception to execution, providing post-campaign analysis to continually learn and improve.
- Champion and lead (by example) a data-driven approach for promotions to achieve business goals.
- Determine the most effective points of interaction for marketing campaigns: emails, IMVU messages, internal house ads, landing pages etc.
- Establish and manage promotional calendar for internal stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams required for select promotions and related needs, as well as to accomplish extra-promotional goals.
- Manage and grow two direct reports that help execute against the promotional plan.
- At least 5 years of high-visibility, customer-facing eCommerce experience.
- An innovative thinker and a self-directed team player capable of operating both in a strategic capacity and a hands-on capacity.
- An excellent communicator (with our customers as well as internal stakeholders), able to fully understand our value proposition and to communicate effectively to various audiences.
- An excellent eye for design and great user-experiences, knowing best practices for online marketing collateral, especially landing pages and ads.
- An efficient marketing copywriter, highly adaptive in approach for ads, emails, landing pages, and more.
- Flexibility, with the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently in a fast-moving, evolving environment.
- Familiar with designing landing pages and ads for marketing needs.
- Experienced with the online social gaming/entertainment landscape.
- A college grad with at least a bachelor's degree.
How to apply:
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.