Electrical Supervisor at IKO Industries Ltd in Brampton, ON, Canada
We are currently seeking an Electrical Supervisor to join our team of skilled professionals. The position will be based in Brampton, Ontario.
The main objective of the role is to provide leadership and technical assistance to the industrial electrical and electronics technicians.
- Provides first-line supervision, technical assistance and training to a staff of journey-level industrial electrical and electronics technicians
- Leads the team in troubleshooting of electrical problems and devise solutions for these problems
- Incumbents are responsible for formulating and developing goals and objectives, supervising assigned personnel and directing day-to-day activities.
- Ordering material for stock and jobs to be done
- Participates in the selection and training of personnel engaged in the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of electrical, instrumentation, electronic control and related equipment and machinery, such as above- and below-ground electrical distribution systems, motors, controllers, transformers, actuators, switches, generators and programmable logic controllers.
- Schedules and coordinates activities with other departments and divisions.
- Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
- Requisitions necessary tools, equipment and supplies.
- Researches new operational methods, techniques and equipment and recommends their application.
- Tracking of motors installed, inventory and being serviced
- Updating electrical drawings in AutoCAD
- Permits for electrical work and yearly inspection
- Making sure tools are repaired, calibrated etc. , with purchasing doucments properly maintained
- Electrical maintenance of compressors,
- Ensure subordinates follow safety practices in work methods and procedures; enforces proper safety procedures while working in dangerous situations; educates employees on rules, regulations, codes, safe work habits and potential hazards presented by their work environment.
- Identifies potential electrical safety concerns and formulates solution for the rectification of these deficiencies.
- Reviews or prepares drawings and specifications for contract work and inspects work performed to determine compliance to standards and equipment.
- Plans and oversees the testing of electrical and electronic equipment and devices on a scheduled basis.
- Develops reviews and updates written maintenance instructions and schedules.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, PLC logic controls and Programming.
- Licensed Industrial Electrician
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
This position is subject to 24-hour on-call and occasional weekend work.
Please apply in confidence outlining your qualifications, experience and salary expectations.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
IG Machine and Fibers is a member of the IKO group of companies. IKO has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
The quality of the products we provide, and the integrity with which we provide them, sets us apart from our competition and truly differentiate us from others in the industry. We rely on the knowledge, skill and hard work of our employees to uphold this reputation for excellence.
We recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset, and every employee is an important member of our team.
We believe that the best results occur not by tightly structuring the organization, but rather by keeping our doors wide open to our employees and providing challenges and opportunities that will enhance personal and professional growth. We also believe that the best results occur through the combined efforts of each individual in the organization working toward a common vision.
IG makes every effort to provide meaningful work, competitive compensation, and an attractive benefit package.