Ruby on Rails Developer ( Back End) at Identified in San Francisco, CA
WANTED: All Levels: Back End Developers (Start-Up, Social Networking, Modern Web Stack)
• Developing machine learning algorithm for quantifying peoples professional backgrounds --> "Pagerank for People"
• Real time full text search engine that is capable of traversing a user's first and second degree social graph to provide a better recruiting and professional networking experience
• Creating a professional network that's based on game dynamics that truly make it a "Professional, social game"
• Future Project: Creating a platform for cloud-based corporate software. Given that we have access to hundreds of big corporate clients already using our social networking solutions, we want to build a platform in which different developers can build the next generation of corporate software products and distribute it through our network
Who wants to get their hands on some cool projects?
• Are you a great hands-on Software Engineer dreaming about that window of opportunity, who wants to play a significant part of the next “Big Thing”?
• Want to help develop cool consumer facing products and features at an early stage, fast-growing, huge potential start up led by Stanford alumnus and funding from very successful top investors?
• You’ll be part of a team that can create new massively scalable social networking apps/tools with search, cloud computing (SaaS), eventually mobile features in a test driven environment
What does it take?
• You should have unending intellectual curiosity based upon solid computer science fundamentals.
• Ownership of products and flexible team mentality
• Computer Science degree
Identified is early-stage but well-funded, so you can expect a competitive salary, the toys you want, and a good chunk of equity. We're also easy to get to in San Francisco: there's a parking lot across the street, and we're just a 10 minute walk from the Muni, Bart, and Caltrain.
We can also provide endless conversation about movies, music, and comic books. Major props if you can outdo any of our resident experts on those fronts.
Using Facebook data, Identified lets companies organize and rank candidates, and lets candidates see how they are ranked by companies. Identified analyzes the work history, education, and demographic data of 247 million Facebook users, and tracks the hiring behaviors of thousands of companies to produce an Identified Score for people, companies, and schools. Over 2 million professionals and corporations access Identified Scores to evaluate career opportunities and make hiring decisions. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Identified is the largest database of professional information based on Facebook.
Identified was conceived as a data research initiative at Stanford University’s MBA and Engineer programs by Brendan Wallace and Adeyemi Ajao and grew virally across campus, signing up 80 percent of the university in just one week before being shut down by administration. Subsequently, Identified raised $5.5M from Innovation Endeavors, Draper Fisher Jurvetson’s Tim Draper, Bill Draper and others. For more information and to find out your Identified Score, visit www.identified.com.
server side development multi threading machine learning hadoop pig perl developer python developer coder coding monkey guru genius prodigy rock star rising fast paced high growth fast growing computer science ood object oriented agile scrum open source cto founder director senior manager vp engineering vpe startup social games web based social products intellectually curious dynamic creative fast growing scaling winning redefine postgres memcached backbone infrastructure enterprise high volume high availability lucene apache architect platform icloud software as a service cloud based core distibuted algorithm pagerank test driven mysql sql flavors linux unix jms j2ee, jee