Line Dinner Cook at HP Hotels, Inc. in Morrisville, NC
A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family. HP Hotel Management is a growing national hotel development and management company. Situated in the RDU/RTP area of Raleigh/Durham , the Cambria Suites Hotel - RDU offers comfort and convenience. Apply in person at 300 Airgate Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Cook.
- Sets up, clears and breaks down work station.
- Prepares selected food as directed
- Cleans working and storage areas, tools, equipment and floors as needed.
- Reports any maintenance problems or other problem areas to Supervisor as they occur.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
- Follows policies and procedures and safety and sanitation policies and procedures and insures compliance with these policies and procedures.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or overtime.
- Employee is responsible for general knowledge of corporate environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to their job functions. Corporate policies and procedures are posted on bulletin boards or handouts.
- Maximize guest service.
- Control waste and maintain food cost.
- Maintain all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance, and storage procedures, cooling requirements, and handling techniques.
- Maintain all policies and procedures as trained for food preparation.
- Continually and properly train and re-train all areas of food preparation, safety, and sanitation.
- Ability to maintain food quality no matter what the business and staffing level.
- Ability to work from and maintain production records and follows recipes.
- Ability to adapt to change, new situations, changes in staffing and procedures.
- Maintain and develop teamwork and open lines of communication with employees and supervisors.
- Work safely and efficiently with all kitchen equipment.
- Respond professionally to all questions and requests.
- Work well without supervision, motivate others, show initiative and desire to get things done.
- Reports to work on time, in a clean and complete uniform, ready to work.
- Ability to give feedback as needed to subordinates.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual in a complete uniform for any scheduled shift.
- Ability to make decisions as needed to ensure quality guest service.
- Follows break policy with correct punches
Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor. Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Furthermore, tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Position requires some heavy lifting.
- Good, safe knife and equipment skills.
- Good reading and conversion skills.
- Ability to absorb a large amount of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to follow and give directions.
- Ability to perform any and all tasks requested by supervisor.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Previous Kitchen/Banquet experience preferred