Hotel Maintenance Engineer at HP Hotels, Inc. in Morrisville, NC
A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family. HP Hotel Management is a growing national hotel development and management company. The Cambria Suites Hotel is located adjacent to the Raleigh Durham Airport and is the quality leader of the hotels in it's market.cambria Suites
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as Chief on Maintenance. This position must ensure the hotel grounds, buildings and equipment are well maintained and operational.
- Process and complete work orders that are transmitted to the Maintenance Department from the various departments of the hotel.
- Routinely inspect the hotel’s buildings, grounds and equipment. Schedule, assign and perform work as necessary according to priority of task.
- Maintain an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Plan special projects as necessary. Submit ideas to the General Manager. After approval, solicit bids, then supervise and coordinate the project.
- Routinely inspect air conditioning and heating systems and change filters.
- Interview and recommend candidates for hire in the Maintenance Department.
- Participate in the orientation of each new Maintenance employee, completing the appropriate paperwork.
- Coach and counsel employees in Maintenance in a positive fashion in order to produce improved work performance and knowledge.
- Recommend disciplinary action for violations of employee conduct policy and poor performance of essential tasks. Complete documentation on disciplinary situations for approval by the General Manager.
- Maintain an effective training program to ensure that all new Maintenance employees are properly equipped to execute their jobs.
- Record all incidences of absenteeism or tardiness of Maintenance employees to the General Manager on the appropriate form.
- Ensure proper clock-in procedures are followed by Maintenance employees. Monitor hours worked to prevent overtime. Approve time cards at the end of each pay period.
- Ensure that all employees report for work in proper uniform.
- Prepare work schedules for Maintenance Department employees.
- Handle purchasing for the Maintenance Department, using proper purchase order procedures. Check all shipments to be sure they are complete. Ensure that invoices to be approved are returned to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the guestroom key security program. Maintain required records whenever keys are made for guest room or public spaces.
- Responsible for ensuring proper storage, usage and disposal of all chemicals utilized by Maintenance.
- Ensure that OSHA and HAZCOM procedures are followed.
- Maintain labor and other expenses to budgeted amounts.
- Aggressively promote the Inn’s policies on safety and security to all employees. A portion of all departmental meetings is to be dedicated to a topic in safety and security.
- Ensure that grounds are picked up first thing each morning. All trash must be removed and trash cans emptied before 8:30 a.m.
- Coordinate grounds maintenance including grass cutting, watering, weeding, pruning, fertilizing, planting and application of herbicides.
- Maintain pool. Clean each morning during season and at least weekly during off season. Maintain chemical levels. Make sure pool furniture is straightened each morning.
- Change sign daily with message provided by General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of facility maintenance (hotel experience preferred) with at least one year of maintenance management experience.
- High School Diploma.
- Standing and walking 100% of the time with lifting and bending.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- The ability to see and hear.
- Fluent in English.
- Computer literate.
- Valid Drivers License required.