QA Manager at Hotlist in New York, NY
Hotlist is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager with a passion for web applications and mobile technologies. The ideal candidate should have experience leading manual testing in a rapid development environment. We are looking for a self-starter, with extensive experience creating and executing test plans on a variety of platforms. Our regular release schedule means that your new features will be rolled out rapidly, for consumption by an appreciative user base.
This person will work closely with our Co-Founder and SVP of Engineering.
Hotlist is a social planning tool that enables friends to easily coordinate and see what everyone is up to today, tomorrow and throughout the week. Hotlist allows people to easily discover Places and Events of interest via a personalized list of recommendations called ‘hotlists’. No texting; no phone calls; no more dull nights out, Hotlist is the easiest way to find out where and when people will be.
- Working closely with Co-Founder and Engineering to understand feature objectives and requirements
- Develop scalable testing processes to ensure overall product quality and deliver releases on-schedule
- Design, write, and execute comprehensive manual test plans across all foursquare platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry and Web).
- Report and track problems by providing reproducible test cases, and work with engineers and product team members to close and verify bug reports.
- An appetite for and capacity to do build a QA practice and team from scratch
- 4+ years testing web applications
- 2+ years testing mobile applications (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Exceptionally organized with obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Casual programming experience with a high-level technical understanding of web and mobile applications, and APIs.
- Possess a genuine understanding of the location-based services space
- Excellent collaborator and communicator
- Comfortable in a small, intense start-up environment
- Familiarity with JIRA or comparable bug-tracking software
- Equity Options
- Health Insurance
- Appreciation and Respect
- Cool office located in the heart of SoHo