User Interaction Intern/Co-Op at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
User Interaction Intern/Co-op
The User Interaction Design Co-op is a member of a highly creative design group, responsible for bringing intuitive designs to our web applications, web sites, social media and other digital properties. This position will provide design support in the form of workflows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual concepts for the Higher Education, Admissions & Enrollment market.
- Create and update wireframes, interaction models, graphic design and prototypes for web applications, online communities and social media properties
- Support creation and implementation of user stories in an agile environment
- Assist with the creation and enforcement of design standards
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, development team to understand business needs and technology capabilities
- Assist with user research activities, including usability testing and persona creation
- Understand front end technologies to incorporate in designs and prototypes
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: user experience and interaction design principles and deliverables; digital technologies and trends across multiple platforms; familiarity with AJAX, Flash, HTML 5, CSS; using Dreamweaver, Photoshop
Ability to: work well with a multi-disciplinary team
Skills in: user experience, interaction design, graphic design
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in user experience, digital design, interaction design or a related field
- Design portfolio with proven digital expertise
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
EEO / M / F / D / V