Strategic Sales Manager, K-12 at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Naviance is a leader in providing solutions that help schools and school districts prepare every student to graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. As the K-12 division of Hobsons, a unit of the Daily Mail & General Trust plc, Naviance combines the resources of a multi-billion dollar global corporation with the soul of a start-up. We serve more than 100,000 educators in 47 states and 72 countries, helping more than 4 million current students achieve their academic and career objectives. We're looking for energetic, creative, and ambitious professionals who are seeking exciting opportunities for extraordinary growth.
Strategic Sales Manager
The Naviance Strategic Sales Manager (SSM) is responsible for development of the schools in the top school districts and working with the key strategic opportunities in an assigned geographic territory in K-12 education. This position reports directly to the Senior Strategic Sales Director and has the Region District Sales Manager to help with mentoring and providing strategic collaboration. Territory development includes identifying and opening new business at the school level while also working with existing customers in both the renewal and upgrade capacity. This position will serve as a liaison to both marketing and professional services with regular updates and communication. The core mission of the Strategic Sales Manager is to grow revenue from the assigned territory and meet assigned yearly targets. Naviance is a high growth market leader that has dramatically expanded available client solutions that meet critical education challenges and is ideally suited for district-wide initiatives.
- Drive aggressive sales for 2011-2012 and beyond
- Develop and implement strong customer needs and provide collaboration to the regions annual sales plan including overall strategy (sales, marketing and service), pricing, and resource plans
- Act as a customer champion and business development leader
- Actively manage and report on pipeline, status of the business, and forecast revenue
- Meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Utilize CRM (SalesForce.com) to document and plan for sales success
- Thoroughly document all CRM activity and plans daily
- Complete an assigned minimum of sales presentations on a monthly basis that are new, first time meetings. A combination of web-based or in-person
- Collaborate with District Sales Manager (DSM) via strategic territory plans, weekly review and planning sessions and daily communication
- Participate positively and actively in weekly, monthly and annual sales meetings and company functions as appropriate
- Occasionally represents Naviance and co-presents at local and regional conferences and events
- Maintain established industry relationships in territory to foster territory expansion and growth
- Minimal travel required.
- Bachelors degree required
- Intelligent Software/Technology sales performer with successful education or related marketplace experience
- 3+ years experience in a sales role, years as a front-runner, groundbreaker and overall sales leader a plus. Demonstrated success with technology or services in K12 education desired
- Strategic collaborator; able to communicate about vision and opportunity as well as match specific customer requirements to those visions, delivering on the promise of the vision
- Experience creating and developing some senior level relationships at schools, school districts
- Consultative solutions selling professional – able to craft and communicate a complex value proposition aligned with the clients (school district) strategic vision
- Experience with CRM tools – preferably Salesforce.com
- Work in a highly distributed team environment to effectively deliver sales and customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and WebEx (or similar product)
- Regional travel within territory required
- Ability to manage to change and multi-task
- Experience uncovering and evaluating strategic new opportunities
- Excellent communications and presentation skills required
- Proven track record of success with several years meeting and exceeding your quotas
- Credibility with senior education leaders
- Competitive selling skills
- Computer and business savvy
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales processes, CRM (SalesForce.com preferred), K12 Education, Territory management, Software or Services based solutions, Consultative Selling Skills, Web-based presentation tools (i.e. WebEx, LiveMeeting, adobe connect, etc.), solution presentation, and response to RFPs
- Ability to develop and manage a strategic territory and sales plan to achieve required sales objectives
- Skill in identifying opportunity, moving prospects through a documented process, and effectively communicating company solutions verbally and in writing
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Naviance offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Dental Plan
- 401K Plan
- Metro SmartBenefits (pre-tax option)
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
We have a corporate commitment to education and actively participate in charity work to support schools locally and abroad. Through our work with PLAN (www.planusa.org), our staff joins in an annual campaign to improve education in developing nations. In the past three years, groups of employees from Naviance and our corporate parent, Hobsons, have traveled to Ghana, Bolivia, and Vietnam to build educational facilities.
Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.
To learn more about Naviance, please visit our corporate Web site at www.naviance.com.
EEO / M / F / D / V