Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer develops and executes manual and automated tests, and ensures implementation of test strategies and best practices. The QA Engineer also works closely with project teams to make sure deliverables meet company’s highest standard.
We are currently hiring a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in our Cincinnati, Ohio office.
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated test cases using test plans and functional specifications
- Work with the project team to ensure proper test coverage and overall system reliability, performance, and quality
- Participate in all phases of the test cycle, including Integration/System Testing, Exploratory Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests and identify, analyze and report issues
- Participate in software requirement, specification and design reviews. Provide feedback and suggestions to ensure testability and comprehensiveness of defined scope.
- Provide progress reports for all assigned projects and ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Coordinate the testing effort with cross geographic location teams
- Work in QA Process planning and documentation
- Develop detailed understanding of how and why internal and external clients use the application
- Help ensure overall product quality
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with others
- Become an expert on product features and functionality
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience of manual testing and documenting test cases required
- 2 years’ experience in creating automated test scripts and using automated testing tool/s preferred
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle required
- Previous experience in working in the Higher Education market is a plus
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: software testing; test planning and execution; automated testing, issue tracking, testing techniques and operating systems; multi-tier web based architectures; coding; quality assurance; 508 compliance; testing projects using .NET, ASP, PHP, Java, SQL and Oracle; Agile Methodology.
Ability to: establish strategies for accomplishing goals; set and communicate goals; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, clients, and other job contacts; maintain confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information; work independently demonstrating initiative; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; establish work priorities and manage multiple projects; exercise good judgment in administration of responsibilities; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; exhibit strong analytic skills; set and execute goals
Skill in: verbal and written communications; operation of standard office equipment; operation of personal computer; testing webservices and window services; using ADA tools such as: JAWS, WAVE and Compliance Sheriff; using automation test tools such as; Selenium, Open Source Tools, HP QTP, etc.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V