Release Manager at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Make an immediate impact in education technology. Hobsons is a technology-driven company with heavy emphasis on the latest technologies, including cloud computing. We search for driven, top-talent individuals who are passionate about their work and interested in having their individual contribution make a direct impact. Hobsons developers also have the freedom to explore new and innovative product ideas, with the opportunity to build the company’s latest products from scratch. Hobsons empowers its employees to be the best that they can be.
We are currently hiring a DevOps Manager to work in our Cincinnati, OH office.
The Release (DevOps) Team is responsible for the delivery of changes to our production systems. The team is also responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. The team works closely with product management, product development, quality assurance and professional services teams to ensure all changes are delivered to and meet organizational standards.
Management of a team responsible for:
- Application Build Automation
- Software Release and Delivery
- Application Configuration and Environment Support
- Source Control Systems Management
- New Technology Assessment and Adoption
- Change Management
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience with automated/continuous build solutions and source control systems
- Previous management experience and proven results in managing team members in a remote and local work environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with cross-office team members and leadership
- Collaborate effectively with others to identify and resolve issues
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Software and Application Development Experience
- Hudson Continuous Integration Server
- GIT Source Control
- PowerShell Scripting Language
- Ant Scripting Language
- Chef Scripting Language
- MS Build API
- SQL Script and Versioning Management
- AWS Cloud Implementations
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive base salary and performance-based compensation plan, along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
EEO / M / F / D / V