Receptionist/Facilities Assistant at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Join Hobsons, the leader in the business of delivering solutions that support education professionals in the preparation, recruitment, management, and advancement of students! Hobsons provides Web sites for students, as well as marketing solutions, enrollment technology, and student retention solutions for schools. Hobsons empowers education professionals with the tools they need to help students make the best decisions throughout the educational process.
Assists with maintaining day to day functioning of the Hobsons Arlington, Virginia office.
- Meet and greet clients, vendors, interviewees, and visitors
- Sign/call for deliveries and packages
- Process shipping needs such as USPS and UPS
- Order and maintain office and break room supplies
- Facilitate and keep clean and organized conference rooms throughout the day
- Facilitate and keep clean and organized office work areas, work copy room, and work kiosks throughout the day
- Facilitate and keep clean and organized café and coffee kiosks throughout the day including cleaning out refrigerators on Friday afternoons
- Assist with administrative and meeting requests including printing/binding/databases/RFP’s
- Run errands for all departments
- Order and pick up food for meetings
- Set up/clean up meetings as requested
- Arrange catering for meetings
- Arrange ground transportation for clients and visitors
- Assist with planning and implementing company functions
- Maintain the admin procedure book
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook skills as well as professional telephone manner
Ability to: maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, clients, and other job contacts; maintain confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information; work independently demonstrating initiative; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; establish work priorities and manage multiple projects; exercise good judgment in administration of responsibilities; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks.
Skill in: verbal and written communications; operation of standard office equipment; operation of personal computer; planning, scheduling and organizing work; application of job software including Microsoft Office Suite..
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in facilities in a professional office environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in administrative duties in a professional office environment
- Emphasis on calendar management and meeting preparations including scheduling, catering, and setting up
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up quickly on new technologies.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V