Project Manager at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Must be based out of the Arlington, VA office and relocation expenses are not covered
Hobsons is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven Project Manager who can successfully plan, monitor and troubleshoot many aspects of software development projects while fostering mutual respect and teamwork.
A Project Manager at Hobsons should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously that may have short or long lifecycles, and leading one or more scrum teams. The Project Manager is responsible for removing any impediments to help the delivery teams meet their sprint commitments, and will help drive best practice use of the Agile methodology as a core to the development lifecycle.
Project Managers will need to coordinate with all parts of the Product Development organization including Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Quality Assurance.
- Provide effective leadership of Agile Scrum teams and processes
- Mentor team members on Agile methods and best practices
- Conduct Agile planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives
- Develop and monitor project schedules using project management tools
- Coordinate project communication and quickly remove project obstacles
- Ensure management team is well informed about project risks and required trade-offs
- Balance smaller fast-paced projects with longer projects that require more intense research and planning
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Dental Plan
- 401K Plan
- Metro SmartBenefits (pre-tax option)
- Generous Paid Time Off Program
We have a corporate commitment to education and actively participate in charity work to support schools locally and abroad. Through our work with PLAN (www.planusa.org), our staff joins in an annual campaign to improve education in developing nations. In the past three years, groups of employees from Naviance and our corporate parent, Hobsons, have traveled to Ghana, Bolivia, and Vietnam to build educational facilities.