Performance Analyst at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
The primary purpose of the Performance Analyst is to provide Tier 3 support for the Higher Education suite of applications and sites. They will need to possess a deep knowledge of the entire Higher Education product suite, including all product features, upcoming product releases, known issues, and workarounds. They will also be responsible for monitoring the performance and health of production systems and take immediate corrective action based on alerts.
We are currently looking for candidates to work near any one of our following offices:
- Arlington, VA
- Cincinnati, OH
- London, England
- Oakland, CA
- Melbourne, AU
Must be available for one of the following shifts:
- UK office hours 8am - 5pm Mon. thru Fri. (Eastern 3am - 12pm, Mon. thru Fri.)
- AU office hours 8am - 5pm Mon. thru Fri. (Eastern 6pm - 3am, Sun. thru Thur.)
- West coast office hours 9am - 6pm Mon. thru Fri. (Eastern 12pm - 9pm, Mon. thru Fri.)
- East coast office hours 8am - 5pm Mon. thru Fri.
- Must be able to proactively solve problems that are escalated to a Tier 3 level from internal Tier 1 and 2 support teams
- Handle a multitude of support-related tasks on a daily basis, prioritize them accordingly, and communicate expectations to the appropriate parties
- Interact with multiple departments / teams to resolve problems
- Perform a deep analysis of problems / issues and document them in a detailed format so that they are easily reproducible and resolved
- Generate customized reports through querying client databases
- Ability to work a variety of shifts to support Global 24/7/365 staffing
- Oracle, MySQL, Postgress and MSSQL knowledge—ability to analyze existing database tables and perform backend SQL work to support the product suite
- Web / Application Server Administration / Monitoring—(IIS / Apache / JBoss) ability to participate in 24/7/365 monitoring of web and application servers for the product suite and perform various systems administration tasks that positively affect “5 9s” uptime
- Experience with automation tools a plus
- Ability to create and edit written materials
- Knowledge of product support principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to higher education a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in MIS, computer science, engineering, or related field
- 2–3 years’ professional experience in software development and / or supporting web-based software applications
- Technical field expertise solving multiple customer issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including proficiency as a writer, strong listening skills, and being an articulate speaker
- Consultative and advisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Hobsons offers a competitive base salary and performance-based compensation plan, along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
EEO / M / F / D / V