K-12 Regional Sales Manager at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
K-12 Regional Sales Manager
The K-12 Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is a highly motivated, solutions-oriented sales manager and organizational leader who can motivate new-business reps to meet or exceed sales objectives and who understands the K-12 college and career readiness market and can quickly acclimate and learn the industry. Hobsons’ K-12 portfolio of products and services is used by over 5,500 institutions nationwide and 84 countries worldwide. The RSM will be directly responsible for managing eight Account Executives that call on and build relationships with K-12 institutions within a specific geographic territory.
We are currently seeking a K-12 Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to work in our Arlington, VA office.
- Supervise Hobsons K-12 institutional sales staff; oversee the sales effort and territory development of all new business opportunities that are assigned to his/her team; create and execute a territory plan, assigns tasks, provide direction, resolve client and employee problems and enforce policies, procedures, and work standards
- Lead and serve as executive sponsor to a regional cross functional sales team designed to maximize revenue potential through collaboration between new business, account development, and renewal reps. The ultimate goal here will be to help the team design and execute against a collaborative territory plan and strategy across that region
- Work within scope of responsibilities and authority to meet P&L goals
- Conduct sales calls with the team to explain benefits and features of Hobsons’ products to prospective clients, present sales demonstrations with the team to prospective clients, and help negotiate and close contracts
- Should be well versed in executive based relationship building and selling
- Ability to mentor, coach, and help train sales professionals in all forms of sales skills and methodologies
- Travel with the sales team to build customer relationship and secure revenue
- Provide weekly reports on the status of the business to the sales leadership group
- Oversee and has ultimate responsibility for the accuracy of data in Salesforce.com and the effective use of all required sales tools
- Work with Professional Services team to ensure smooth transitioning of all new clients.
- Determine eligibility and selection of top candidates by conducting interview and selection process, administer disciplinary actions up to and including written reprimands, recommend employees for termination and hire, conduct employee evaluations annually and recommend pay increases and promotions, and approve leave and authorize overtime
- Stay well informed about current industry trends through constant reading, research, and general due diligence and as a result be able to talk informatively about the education industry as a whole as well as the edtech solutions industries
- Develop positive relationships with other managers in Marketing, Professional Services, Global Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Technology related area required; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years new business, enterprise software or solution-selling in a competitive market with a 2-4 month sales cycle
- Should have some experience and/or have been exposed to some level of a selling methodology training
- 2+ years of managing quota-bearing new business reps carrying $500K+ quotas
- K-12 enterprise sales experience
- Proven track record of providing leadership to an enterprise solutions sales force with a history of delivering exceptional results
- Ability to collaborate with others in a fast paced, action oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to motivate and inspire a diverse sales force with experience recruiting and retaining high-quality enterprise-class solutions sales professionals
- Should have the ability to do some level of financial modeling, comp plan strategy, as well as be able to build out a comprehensive divisional business plan with mentorship and guidance provided to him/her from senior management
- Excellent management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Strong listening and communication skills and style appropriate for the higher education industry
- In-depth knowledge of and experience using Solution Selling methodology
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of the company’s business model, products, services, practices and client environments; fast learner
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation and organizational skills
- Proven ability to establish strategic alliances with key decision makers with major clients, combined with the ability to model for direct reports and sales team to do the same
- Meaningful network among the K-12 technology and enterprise software community preferred
- Extremely high energy, work ethic and stamina to perform consistently and at a high level in a very demanding environment
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V