Junior Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Junior Software Engineer Intern/Co-op
Are you passionate about the latest web technology trends?
Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better?
Hobsons is seeking a talented and energetic Junior Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op Student to join our growing product development team in our Cincinnati, OH office located just north of 275 in the Sharonville area. The Junior Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op at Hobsons will contribute to significant development projects for our Marketing Solution department, which is built on platforms including PHP, Java, Python, and including a number of open source libraries/frameworks. We are seeking students that have strong desire to learn and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in web based products.
- Participate in development and maintenance of Marketing Solution’s projects
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products
- Learn team development standards, patterns and design principles in daily activities
- Collaborate closely with product managers and QA during discovery, design and development
- Currently majoring in CIS or related degree
- Experience using PHP and MySQL required
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery desired
- Knowledge of vBulletin, Joomla, Smarty Templates, or J2EE frameworks a plus
- Strong technical acumen and desire to learn
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
- Knowledge of HTTP and web development technologies
- Knowledge of relational databases (a plus)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others to identify and resolve issues
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V