Junior Software Developer Intern/Co-Op at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Naviance is a leader in providing solutions that help schools and school districts prepare every student to graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. As the K-12 division of Hobsons, a unit of the Daily Mail & General Trust plc, Naviance combines the resources of a multi-billion dollar global corporation with the soul of a start-up. We serve more than 100,000 educators in 47 states and 72 countries, helping more than 4 million current students achieve their academic and career objectives. We're looking for energetic, creative, and ambitious professionals who are seeking exciting opportunities for extraordinary growth.
Junior Software Developer Intern/Co-Op
Want to make a difference in the life of a student?
Are you passionate about the latest web technology trends?
Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better?
Naviance is seeking a talented and energetic Junior Software Developer Intern/Co-Op Student to join our growing product development team in our Arlington, VA office. The Junior Software Developer Intern/Co-Op at Naviance will contribute to significant development projects for our market-leading K-12 SaaS application, which is built on an open source LAMP architecture. We are seeking students that have strong desire to learn and who are passionate about the latest industry trends and innovations occurring in web based products.
- Participate in development and maintenance of PHP and MySQL projects
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products
- Learn team development standards, patterns and design principles in daily activities
- Collaborate closely with product managers, user experience, and QA during discovery, design and development
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Currently majoring in CIS or related degree
- Experience using PHP and MySQL required
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery desired
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks such as Zend, Cake, or Symfony a plus
- Strong technical acumen and desire to learn
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
We have a corporate commitment to education and actively participate in charity work to support schools locally and abroad. Through our work with PLAN (www.planusa.org), our staff joins in an annual campaign to improve education in developing nations. In the past three years, groups of employees from Naviance and our corporate parent, Hobsons, have traveled to Ghana, Bolivia, and Vietnam to build educational facilities.
Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.
To learn more about Naviance, please visit our corporate Web site at www.naviance.com.
EEO / M / F / D / V