Interactive Marketing Media Planner (Lead Generation) at Hobsons in Cincinnat...
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Interactive Marketing Media Planner (Lead Generation)
Hobsons Media Services is a performance driven, digital agency within the higher education vertical. We use Google, Bing, social media advertising, email marketing and large scale display buys to drive traffic to customized landing pages optimized for conversion. We are currently adding a Digital Marketing Media Planner to our team. The role will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, control and attainment of very specific lead goals ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The Media Planner is responsible for planning and maintaining the media plan based on the client’s specific lead generation goals. This individual will work to set a strategy and execution plan for the team and vendors involved, then be involved throughout the contract to ensure the media plan is followed. The Media Planner is also tasked with participating in managing the client relationship through the course of the contract to ensure all parties have what they need to execute against the lead goal smoothly. The Media Planner is in charge of the education of all parties throughout a highly technical project. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of paid search and display and an ability to explain initiatives to both advanced and less advanced audiences.
We are currently hiring an Interactive Marketing Media Planner (Lead Generation) to work in one of the following locations:
- Arlington, VA office
- Cincinnati, OH office
- Work remotely with previous telecommute experience
- Manage client relationship from kick off call through end of contract – lead all client meetings and client communication efforts
- Work closely with Search Analyst and partner specialist to set media plan and strategy to execute on client goals
- Work closely with Reporting Specialist to understand results and trends of their clients and present these findings
- Coordinate client’s goals with Search Analysts to ensure the best results possible are being achieved
- Work with client and vendors to ensure all assets are received on time
- Lead conversations to resolve any issues – pull in internal media services specialist as necessary
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ search and display experience required
- 2+ years’ experience in managing clients required
- Digital marketing media planning required
- Traditional media planning and/or lead generation experience preferred
- 5-6 years in analytics platform: Omniture, Google Analytics or similar, required
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet client needs (up to 30%)
- Experience in the Higher Education vertical a plus
- Experience in successfully managing a client through an agency experience (Not freelancing or consulting) required
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Remote candidates will be considered
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and reprioritize projects quickly
- Proven knowledge of lead generation and follow up best practices
- Expert level knowledge using all lead generation channels and a deep understanding on how they work together to produce strong results
- Strong search, display knowledge and partner network knowledge
- Extensive digital marketing experience including: email marketing, social media planning and monitoring, branding, creative knowledge, and website design and development best practices
- Strategically minded and forward thinking
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V