Event Coordinator - Global Events at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Event Coordinator – Global Events
The primary role of the Event Coordinator is to establish and coordinate client visits, either in the Hobsons offices or at events, which build awareness and loyalty to Hobsons in the education market. The Event Coordinator will oversee various initiatives across the company where Hobsons employees interact with both current and potential clients. This candidate will also be responsible for a wide variety of event related projects which Hobsons and its divisions, are a part, and will develop useful, real-world experience in the field of event planning.
This role must be able to anticipate project needs, outline clear objectives and meet internal deadlines with little supervision. The Event Coordinator must have a love for customer loyalty, provide outstanding service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Design an internal process for executing client visits
- Develop and deploy the annual client in-office visit program; including the design of the program, creation of client facing materials. This program will be offered at in the Cincinnati and Arlington offices
- Coordinate all logistics, in conjunction with the Corporate Services team, for client travel and Hobsons office use. This should include client travel, accommodations, ground transportation and meals
- Review all related billing for accuracy and approve payments
- Manage and maintain budget responsibility for client visits
- Work closely with marketing staff to ensure adequate Hobsons branded materials are available for staff to provide to clients
- Lead client gift initiatives, such as holiday cards and gift baskets
- Design and build new Hobsons client loyalty programs focusing on efforts that impact as many clients as possible
- Research industry trends for client loyalty and satisfaction
- Develop and coordinate “Roadshow” visits for both sales and executives
- Maintain an event calendar in hiWire (Hobsons’ intranet) that outlines all trade-shows, events, client visits and conference
- Provide logistical support for meeting planning team as needed
- Conduct conference research and communicate any deadlines to planners as needed
- Budget tracking/invoicing activities for conferences as necessary
- Minimum of 25% Travel is required
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Major in Marketing, Public Relations, or a communication-related field, with a strong interest in event management and coordination
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role; preferably with experience in event logistics and travel planning
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com is preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
- Outstanding attention to details and organization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a positive, professional, service-oriented attitude
- Flexible, outgoing, and eager to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V