e-Commerce Marketing Manager at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
e-Commerce Marketing Manager
Naviance is a leader in providing solutions that help schools and school districts prepare every student to graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. As the K-12 division of Hobsons, a unit of the Daily Mail & General Trust plc, Naviance combines the resources of a multi-billion dollar global corporation with the soul of a start-up. We serve more than 100,000 educators in 47 states and 72 countries, helping more than 4 million current students achieve their academic and career objectives. We're looking for energetic, creative, and ambitious professionals who are seeking exciting opportunities for extraordinary growth.
Do you know what to do when a consumer abandons his/her online shopping cart? Are you a Google AdWords and Analytics whiz? Want to help build a powerful consumer brand that helps students connect learning to life?
Naviance, the world’s leading college and career readiness platform, is looking for a motivated e-Commerce Marketing Manager for PrepMe, a new adaptive learning platform for online PSAT, SAT and ACT test preparation. The e-Commerce Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving consumer traffic to the new PrepMe.com site, and optimizing that traffic for conversion. They will manage all tasks associated with consumer demand generation, including management of our online shopping cart, monitoring web traffic and lead generation efforts, running seasonal and ongoing promotions to drive product awareness and sales.
- Demand Generation – Find innovative ways to promote the PrepMe solution across multiple channels, including the Web, social media, live events and other channels
- Web Maintenance – Manage direct-to-consumer content for our online presence, including our website, landing pages and social media channels
- SEO/SEM – Work with outside vendors to develop cost-effective search engine marketing strategy for converting online buyers
- Email Marketing – Coordinate with Marketing Communications team to develop lead nurturing campaigns
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Additional duties will include working with the Marketing Communications Manager and Specialist to support lead generation campaigns. Other duties to be assigned as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: Google AdWords/Analytics; Eloqua; ExpressionEngine (optional)
Ability to: Manage high traffic volume and optimize for conversion
Skill in: Written and verbal communication
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- 2-4 years of experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated knowledge of online lead generation, email marketing and e-commerce best practices
- Excellent communication skills
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Naviance offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Metro SmartBenefits (pre-tax option)
· Generous Paid Time Off program
We have a corporate commitment to education and actively participate in charity work to support schools locally and abroad. Through our work with PLAN (www.planusa.org), our staff joins in an annual campaign to improve education in developing nations. In the past three years, groups of employees from Naviance and our corporate parent, Hobsons, have traveled to Ghana, Bolivia, and Vietnam to build educational facilities.
To learn more about Naviance, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V