Digital Marketing Services Manager at Hobsons in Arlington, VA
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Digital Marketing Services Manager
The Digital Marketing Services Manager is responsible for leading a team of higher education digital search analysts, designers, developers, and email marketers through the building, measuring, and optimizing of digital campaigns. This role will include client facing responsibilities, in addition to the management of a full, quickly growing marketing team. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of digital marketing (PPC, display, analytics) and a proven track record of successfully leading multiple large scale digital campaigns simultaneously. In addition this position will be responsible for seeking out internal efficiencies and ensuring his/her team has the resources and relationships they need to deliver results. Ideal candidate should have experience leveraging and coordinating media plans containing email marketing, social media advertising, list buys, display, traditional marketing, and other lead generation marketing efforts.
We are currently looking to hire a Digital Marketing Services Manager in either our Cincinnati, OH or Arlington, VA office. We would also consider hiring a remote employee.
- Daily management of a team of Paid Search Analysts, ensuring all their campaign goals can be achieved and work is delivered on time and on budget
- High level support for all aspects of clients’ paid search campaigns from strategy development, implementation, reporting & analysis, and optimization
- Scale a quickly growing team – find efficiencies in paid search development and optimization while maintaining high quality of work
- Develop and enhance paid search offerings based on digital and industry advances
- Promote thought leadership throughout the team, the company, our clients and the industry
- Assist in strategically growing our client portfolio through ensuring high quality results with current clients and identifying traits of good further partnerships
- Work with sales to transition successful deals into delivery with a high renewal rate
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Web development, design, and project management
- Problem solving; familiarity working within a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to successfully explain complex digital marketing tactics, address scoping concerns, and develop client relationships
- Highly analytical and results driven
- Organized with a sensitivity to deadline and an ability to reprioritize time quickly
- Continual desire to learn and challenge others to learn
- Provide thought leadership to the higher education market
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- Bachelors’ degree required; Master’s degree desirable
- 8 years of digital marketing experience, with experience leveraging remote team mates strongly preferred
- Experience managing high value paid search campaigns
- Extensive knowledge of search and display mediums
- Experience in the Higher Education vertical is a plus
- Previous management experience and proven results in managing team members in a remote and local work environment
- Previous client management or account management experience a must
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V