Community Management Intern at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Community Management Intern
We’re seeking a bright and enthusiastic Community Management intern to assist with our content creation and community management for two of the largest educational communities on the Internet, reaching nearly 50 million students, applicants and parents each year.
It is a non-paid internship, but will provide hands-on experience with the day-to-day content curation and community moderation across various platforms, including our web sites, email, social media and mobile. This internship will be a part of the Product Management team and will be based in Cincinnati, OH.
- Working with the Community Manager to develop and curate content for the Beat The GMAT and College Confidential web properties, including email, articles and social media
- Review content quality contributed by community, including flagging spam and offensive comments
- Prepare content submitted by our authors for distribution, including the 60 Day Study Guide and our email newsletters
- Provide feature and content suggestions to the product management team
- Sharing insights from the community’s feedback to the Community Manager
- Assist the Community Manager with other tasks as needed
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a communications related field
- Providing writing samples
- Strong understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Understanding of how content is consumed across devices, including PCs, tablets and mobile
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Understanding of content curation, including strong written communication skills and editing skills
- Understanding of social media, including how it aligns with business goals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Prior experience participating in an online community
We would like for the candidate to agree to a minimum of a 10 week internship. We prefer a full-time internship but would consider those seeking a part-time arrangement as well. We will strive to make this an engaging learning experience for our intern, providing exposure to best practices needed for running successful online communities across platforms.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
We are a hard-working, fun-loving office, and we’re looking for the right fit—someone with great communication skills and a solid work ethic who picks up skills quickly.
Click the links below to hear the thoughts of our other "Community Management" Interns!
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
EEO / M / F / D / V