Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk at Hobsons in Cincinnati, OH
Hobsons helps educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 7,500 schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Accounts Payable/Account Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Payable/Account Receivable Clerk gathers, reviews, and records items submitted for payment and remits properly approved payments to vendors on a timely basis in keeping with company policies and procedures. This person will also be responsible for daily bank deposits and collections.
- Gather, review, and record invoices submitted for payment in keeping with company policies and procedures
- Obtain proper level of approval prior to issuance of a payment
- Maintain accounts payable email
- Remit payment to vendors according to negotiated payment terms
- Files all vendor payments
- Timely respond to vendor queries and ad hoc requests for information
- Prepare and complete daily bank deposits
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with various administrative and accounting duties and projects as assigned by manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: operational policies and procedures; customer service; Excel spreadsheets.
Ability to: work independently demonstrating initiative; exercise good judgment in administration of responsibilities; adapt to and embrace change in a rapidly changing environment; establish work priorities and manage multiple projects; exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, clients, and other job contacts; maintain confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
Skill in: verbal and written communications; operation of standard office equipment; operation of personal computer; planning, scheduling and organizing work; application of job software including Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is:
- High school degree or GED
- 0 - 2 years’ work experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel spreadsheets
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Hobsons offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package including:
· Health Insurance
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Dental Plan
· 401K Plan
· Section 125/Flexible Spending Accounts
· Generous Holiday and Vacation Schedule
To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at
EEO / M / F / D / V