DevOps at Guidebook in Palo Alto, CA
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Guidebook manages apps for dozens of major brands across four app stores plus the web, so high-availability is a must. As a DevOps engineer, you'll work with our backend team to help design an efficient, scalable, and highly-available server deployment in AWS. You'll not only need the *nix chops to bring a complex system back online during a crisis, but the foresight to find and prevent problems before they happen. You'll be working closely with both our Director of Engineering and our CTO.
- Improve the scalability and reliability of our AWS deployment
- Implement metrics tracking and alerts
- Identify bottlenecks before they become a problem
- Educate development team on scalability best practices and help enforce them
- Coordinate and participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong in the *nix terminal and bash scripting
- Background in a cloud computing platform (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of scalability and high-availability best practices
Please send in your cover letter and resume!