API Engineer at Guidebook in Palo Alto, CA
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
Guidebook imports and manages data from thousands of organizations. Early on, you'll work with clients to find the best way to import and synchronize data with their systems, and help write scripts to import their data. As you help each customer, you'll be responsible for gathering knowledge on our customer's use cases and data formats. You will later be responsible for applying that knowledge to build, APIs that our customers can use on their own.
- Work directly with clients to find a path for them to get data into our system
- Design, document, and implement secure and stable APIs for our customers to use
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills (you'll be interacting with clients directly)
- Prior experience with Git, Python, Django
- Prior experience working with large amounts of data
- Knowledge of API design principles
- Experience optimizing and tuning for large-scale database performance
- Experience with scaling of web applications in the cloud (AWS, RackSpace, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and/or browser automation testing
Please send in your cover letter and resume!