Account Executive at Guidebook in Palo Alto, CA
Guidebook is a fast-growing startup based in Palo Alto, California. Our mission is to connect people and places. Through the use of mobile technology, we allow organizations with physical presences to improve the on-site experiences offered to their visitors. Guidebook's clients include conferences, trade shows, universities, museums, community centers, and Fortune 500 companies. Creating a native application across iOS, Android, other mobile operating systems and the mobile Web is a difficult and costly endeavor, and it's only half the battle. Applications also need to be updated, to stay current with the latest mobile technology has to offer, and synced with other software products, so that the information stays fresh. Guidebook significantly lowers the human and financial capital requirements to “go mobile” and aims to power the mobile experiences for tens of millions of organizations across the world.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for driving revenue for Guidebook. Our Marketing Department qualifies and assigns inbound leads to our AEs. AEs are then responsible for learning about our prospects' business goals, designing and delivering presentations highlighting the benefits of our solution, and ultimately closing sales. An implicit responsibility of the AE is to conduct business dealings in a way that leads to a successful implementation of our product(s), resulting in the acquisition of long-term clients who are happy with Guidebook.
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Manage 1,000+ accounts, selling Guidebook's entire suite of products
- Educate prospects on Guidebook, highlighting the various ways they will benefit from using our product(s).
- Close deals and consistently meet or exceed a quarterly quota
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Update account activity and prospect interaction in salesforce.com
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
- 4-year degree
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Ability to control and structure a conversation to achieve a certain goal
- Ability to efficiently manage your time
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Desire to solve problems and constantly improve our system to increase efficacy
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Fun to be around. Someone who adds to our dynamic team
- Ability to multi-task
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
Interested? Please send cover letter and resume to jobs.