QA Analyst / Software Tester at Grantoo in Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are looking for talented individuals with QA and software and game testing experience to join our core team in Vancouver, Canada. The Grantoo engineering team consists of first rate, full stack, polyglots. We create solutions which are both elegant and effective. Our backend solution leverages a number of cloud services to increase reliability and flexibility: our core stack is ruby on rails (using a Resque server for managed automation), paired with MongoDB for scalability and Redis for speed of execution. Our initial offering is provided on a Heroku and Amazon hardware solution with a heavy usage of S3 and Cloudfront services to maximize usability. Our solution is continuously tested using Test::Unit, RSpec, Cucumber, Siege, and Jasmine and deployed with our own continuous integration server.
- Find, report, and verify issues on assigned projects.
- Compose daily and weekly reports to the team manager and point of contact.
- Create and maintain test cases on assigned titles.
- Maintain bug database to ensure the database is clean and useable by the dev team
- Work directly with engineers and artists regressing reproducible issues
Interface with external QA resources and consolidate external and internal issues for the dev team
- At least 1 year experience as a QA tester in games.
- Experience with mobile application testing – iOS & Android (Preferred). Tablets and or Phones.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to task themselves according to project needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of people, such as engineers and non-technical coworkers.
- Ability to stay organized, meet strict deadlines, and exhibit great follow-through.
- Is flexible in a quick changing and fast paced work environment.
Detail-oriented and quick learner who works well with a team.
Grantoo empowers brand, game developers and users to change the world through games. For brands, Grantoo offers a unique and seamless in-game advertising experience with beautiful brand immersion, deep analytics, and genuine user engagement. For games, Grantoo’s PropellerSDK adds social and monetization layers to drive downloads, jump-start engagement, and rejuvenate revenue. For players, Grantoo creates an opportunity to win tuition grants and money for charities by playing Grantoo Tournaments in games they love, on any platform.
Grantoo tournaments are sponsored by Fortune 500 companies, giving players the opportunity to compete for real cash prizes on their favorite games on iOS, Android, and the web. All of their winnings go toward supporting tuition - or are donated to a charity of the player's choice. Corporate sponsorships are non-intrusive, and never interfere with the game aesthetics or the user's immersion.