Registered Nurse (RN) at Good Shepherd Hospice in San Antonio, TX
Good Shepherd Hospice is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to make an immediate impact in our new San Antonio office. Bilingual preferred.
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) who embraces the hospice philosophy and has a heart to serve people with compassion and dignity? At Good Shepherd Hospice of San Antonio, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides and coordinates nursing care including the assessment, education, counseling and treatment of patients. Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, you will develop, evaluate and revise a plan of care based on patient assessments and team input.
This rewarding role offers a leadership opportunity, enriching professional challenges and a secure future with an industry leader.
Good Shepherd Hospice is a growing provider of hospice care with a clear vision for our future, strong leadership to guide us and great opportunities for all current and future employees. We opened our first office in Oklahoma City in 1995. Today, we have a regional presence serving Texas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Our San Antonio office opened in late 2012. Along the way, we've touched the lives of more than 20,000 patients and shepherded 50,000+ family members through their time of need, offering bereavement support for as long as they desired it.
Every member of our medical team – and volunteer staff – receives comprehensive, ongoing training. We are a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association, Medicare Certified and State Licensed.
Registered Nurse (RN)
The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of Hospice patients, working with families, caregivers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for:
- Professional Management of the Patient and Family
- Communication with Medical Professionals, the Hospice Team and Others
- Maintaining Accurate, Up-to-Date Records
- Training the Patient and Caregiver
- Elevating Necessary Matters to the Attention of the Patient Care Manager
- Registered Nurse Licensed in the State of Texas
- Valid Driver’s License
- Vehicle in Good Working Order
- Appropriate Auto Liability Insurance Coverage
- Can Successfully Pass Criminal Background Check
We'd Love It If You Have...
- Hospice or related healthcare experience
- A working knowledge of hospice care philosophy and symptom management
- A good understanding of hospice regulations and quality standards of care
Our competitive benefit package includes paid holidays, Health, Dental and Life Insurance, an education fund, a 401K investment plan with matching and paid time off.
Good Shepherd Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.